Embarking on the journey from primary to secondary school is a big step, and at Woodhey, we're committed to making it an exciting and smooth transition for every student.
We've crafted a vibrant and all-encompassing transition program designed to not just welcome students but to make them feel confident, safe, and eager to explore new horizons. Our aim is to nurture strong connections between students, staff, and the school community, fostering an environment where academic excellence and personal growth go hand in hand.
Understanding the natural apprehension during this transition, we've tailored a range of opportunities to ensure a seamless move:
- Engaging transition activities such as thrilling competitions, challenging tasks, and interactive lessons held at Woodhey for Years 3, 4, and 5 students from our main feeder primary schools.
- An immersive Year 5 open evening in the summer term, offering a glimpse into the world of Woodhey (please note, no open evening for Year 6).
- Welcoming open mornings for Year 6 parents and carers.
- Two dedicated transition days.
- A special evening for parents and carers to meet key staff and for students to feel at ease.
- An exciting Year 7 Residential experience.
- Collaborative events, 'Parents and Carers in Partnership', to warmly welcome new Year 7 families.
- Opportunities for parents and carers to connect with their child's form tutor.
- Close collaboration with primary school SENDCos to ensure seamless support for students with special educational needs, including extra transition visits.
At Woodhey, we believe that a smooth transition is the cornerstone of a successful journey through secondary education, and we're dedicated to making this shift a time of excitement, growth, and limitless possibilities for every student.